Hardin Hall Restoration
Clemson University | Clemson, SC
DP3 Architects provided the design, architectural documentation, and project coordination services for the renovation and remodeling of Hardin Hall, located on the Clemson University campus in Clemson, SC.
The facility consisted of an original 1890’s building with two major additions built in 1900 and 1940. The renovation and restoration included demolition of the 1940’s addition and removal of all interior floors and walls of the 1890 and 1900 buildings.
Entirely new structural and mechanical systems were added to the interior of the existing buildings. All fenestration was removed and replaced with energy-efficient, historically-correct windows and doors.
Prior to demolition, interior details of historic significance were inventoried and recorded for re-use in the reconstruction of the interior. The completed building encompasses approximately 35,000 square feet of space and accommodates the history, philosophy and religion departments including offices, “smart”-wired classrooms, teaching and study labs, and teaching auditorium.