Grace Church | Travelers Rest Campus
Travelers Rest, SC
DP3 Architects developed schematic design concepts to divide an existing 112,000-sqaure-foot industrial building into a multi-tenant, mixed-use facility including a new campus for Grace Church. Grace Church’s space includes a new worship center, common areas, multi-purpose rooms, children’s classrooms, and support spaces.
This project also included the design of a future exterior mural to honor the site’s history. Before it was Grace Church TR, Renfrew Bleachery operated at this site from 1928-1988 producing the highly valued Devonshire cloth and damask table linens. The bleachery was much more than just a factory, but existed as a village where employees worked, played, and worshiped. The property included homes, a church, a company store, and even had recreational fields, like baseball, softball, and basketball, for employees to compete in the local Textile Leagues. During World War II, the Renfrew Bleachery provided water-repellant uniforms and bandage cloths for the U.S. military. Grace Church is sure to continue the site’s legacy of service and sense of community in Travelers Rest, SC. The exterior photos and mural installation are slated to be completed in the near future.