Westminster Train Depot Restoration
Records indicate that the Westminster Depot was built ca. 1912. Since its construction, the station has served as a gathering place and as a center of activity for this small community.
After being severely damaged by an arson fire in 2006, the City of Westminster requested the services of DP3 Architects to evaluate the feasibility of restoring and rehabilitating the structure for use by the community. After a thorough investigation and documentation of the remaining structure by DP3, the city elected to restore the structure.
The city subsequently retained DP3 Architects to plan and design the restoration effort which was completed in October 2009. The project was funded in part by SC DOT.
The restored Station houses several period-correct restored spaces.